Of course I know you have to count your paid sells. This is the best giveaway I have done and I have made some sells of my other books, which is the point. But I was totally surprised by the results of this freebie.
Killed in war, a sailor finally comes home
It is the first time I have offered it for free. Because of Veteran's Day I wanted to honor my grandfather.
- NICKERSON BARBIE (The Bad Seed).
- Mundo en ruinas, un - 1945-1946: de la caida de Alemania y la bomba de (Historia Del Siglo Xx) (Spanish Edition).
- honor duty a sailors letters home Manual.
The book is the letters he wrote home during World War One. A 3rd or 4th level list in fairly small categories?
I think calling that bestselling would open you to ridicule. I won't.
- The Fish & Shellfish Cookbook (Classic Cooks Collection 4).
- Barnwell County (Images of America).
Nov 12, AM. What a lovely way to honour your grandfather! Well done you!
And I say, free or not, it was number one so go for it! Go Up. All Rights Reserved. In , in the depths of the Great Depression, the Navy seemed a good way out of poverty, so he joined up and made his way to the Pacific Ocean. He was 24 when he died five years later, a barber on the battleship Oklahoma.
Cards and Letters for Military
But war caught up with him on the morning of Dec. The ship quickly capsized. Poindexter and other men from the ship were killed, among the more than 2, Americans who died in the attack on Hawaii. Back in Jacksonville, Mayor John T. Alsop paid him tribute at a memorial service at Central Christian Church, as did a representative from Scout Troop No.
BAGS ON A MISSION BLOG
That might have provided some comfort to Poindexter's mother and his younger sisters, Lilyan and Helen. But they had no coffin to grieve by, no physical evidence of his passing. And no one could even be sure if his were among the hundreds of remains from the Oklahoma crew that were buried in the National Cemetery of the Pacific in Honolulu. Poindexter had finally been found.
Letters of Gratitude: Letters to Military Members
This June, more than 77 years after he died, he will buried at the national cemetery in Jacksonville, his hometown. His mother and sisters all passed away well before he was identified. From to , he was a feature illustrator for the Boston Post Magazine. His color illustrations appeared on the covers and with inside stories of this weekly publication. After marrying Gabrielle Bergman, Eisenberg moved back to New England where he raised a family and continued to work as a freelance artist for a multitude of clients.
His illustrations were on billboards, in books, and in educational textbooks published by Little Brown, D.
- The Amity Kids and the Temple of Abaddon!
- Speaking for Buddhas: Scriptural Commentary in Indian Buddhism;
- The Continental Shelf (Life in the Sea).
- Honor and Duty...A Sailor's Letters Home!
- Herr Lorenz Stark (German Edition);
- Internationalisierung durch E-Commerce (German Edition).
- Using Soil Water Tracers to Estimate Recharge - Part 7: Using Water Traces to Estimate Recharge No. 7 (Basics of Recharge and Discharge Series)?
Heath, and Houghton Mifflin Company, to name a few. His work today reflects New England scenes, his travels abroad, and commissioned portraits.