While poetry is the feature, this page relates to and supports a creative practice in the broader sense as well, including visual work, collaborations, creative projects, and more. I send a poem or two each month to your email for less than a cup of coffee.
Includes everything from previous tier plus: A small. This is a tier is for those who wish to support above and beyond the rewards.
Why not? Poets are professional dreamers, after all. Recent posts by Nick. Patreon logo.
Create on Patreon. App Directory. Patreon U Creator Coaching.
- NPR Choice page;
- More by Nick Flynn?
- Navigation menu.
- Page Navigation.
- Speaking for Buddhas: Scriptural Commentary in Indian Buddhism.
- By This Poet!
Nick Flynn - Nick Flynn Poems - Poem Hunter
The witch was as old as the mulberry tree, She lived in the house of a hundred clocks She sold storms and sorrows and calmed the sea And she kept her life in a box. The opening lines still pop into my head at unexpected moments. My heart aches, and a drowsy numbness pains My sense, as though of hemlock I had drunk, Or emptied some dull opiate to the drains One minute past, and Lethe-wards had sunk. Lastly Roger McGough, a great poet and even greater champion of poetry, has written one of the most memorable poems I know about mortality.
I read this at a protest at the Sats tests, where these lines resonated: Question 1. Topics Poetry Further reading. Reuse this content.
- From John Keats to Nick Cave: poems for every stage in life | Books | The Guardian.
- Dyslexia: Advances in Theory and Practice (Neuropsychology and Cognition);
- Search the Site.
- microRNA Regulation of Inflammatory Responses (Annual Review of Immunology Book 30).
- Nick Flynn.
- Arranging for the Small Jazz Ensemble: A Step-By-Step Guide with Practical Exercises and Recorded Examples.
- The Sum of Everything?
Order by newest oldest recommendations. Show 25 25 50 All. Threads collapsed expanded unthreaded. Loading comments… Trouble loading?