Against a background of historical, cultural and social change comes "Chinese Dress," a comprehensive and sumptuously illustrated book examining the extraordinary range of Chinese dress. Skillfully weaving together everything from court and formal costumes through to the working attire of the lower classes and the latest fashions of New China, "Chinese Dress" tells the story of the evolution of Chinese clothing. The first section details attire worn during the Qing dynasty by the emperors and their consorts, as well as the mandarins, merchants, and their womenfolk, both Manchu and Chinese.
The following sections pay particular attention to the dramatic changes in clothing that took place in China from the Republican period, including rural dress and childrens wear, through to dress in New China from to the present day. An engaging and original text, Chinese Dress is the essential reference for costume historians, fashion designers and collectors, as well as lovers of beautiful clothes everywhere.
Chinese dress :from the Qing Dynasty to the present /Valery Garrett. – National Library
Availability: Out of stock Check Store. Ship Free! Free shipping for members.
- Five Steps to Freedom: An Introduction to Spiritual Mind Treatment.
- Love Letters Between A Man And Woman.
- Transnational Management: A Guideline for International Acting Managers?
- Read Chinese Dress From the Qing Dynasty to the Present EBooks Online - Video Dailymotion.
- Read Chinese Dress From the Qing Dynasty to the Present EBooks Online?
Buy this product for member 98 point s. Product Details.
Successfully reported this slideshow. We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime. Upcoming SlideShare.
Books with a similar title
Like this presentation? Why not share!
- Chinese Dress: From the Qing Dynasty to the Present (Valery Garrett …!
- NEW YORK JEW.
- Strategien zur erfolgreichen Umsetzung von Vorsätzen (German Edition)!
- Sie suchen einen Job? (German Edition)!
- Chinese Dress: From the Qing Dynasty to the Present [FREE].
Embed Size px. Start on.
Show related SlideShares at end. WordPress Shortcode.